Closes: Monday, August 2, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associates Degree Required (Recommended fields: Accounting, Business Administration)
1. One to three years of experience in accounting.
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, team-oriented approach, and ability to work in a congenial and professional manner with students, faculty, and staff. Excellent customer service skills.
3. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple functions or tasks effectively.
4. Competence in computing skills, especially Word, Excel, and Power Point.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business administration or accounting.
2. Experience working in an accounting or business office. Community college experience is highly beneficial.
3. Experience with Ellucian Colleague.
This position reports to the Controller, and would implement, maintain, and continually enhance the college’s accounting of scholarship and grant programs. The Accounts Receivable Assistant will manage student data, verify student charges, and assist in processing sponsorships. The Accounts Receivable Assistant will maintain accurate record keeping and create/provide reporting of scholarships/grants.
1. Assists the Senior Accounting Assistant in maintaining a thorough knowledge of grants and scholarships as well as Business Office processes in order to:
a. Coordinate with faculty/staff to collect and accurately interpret availability of student scholarship funds.
b. Review student information to determine scholarship/sponsorship or grant eligibility and appropriate award amounts
c. Process scholarship payments in partnership with the RCC Financial Aid Office
2. Assist in processing all grants/scholarships, such as the ones listed below:
a. The Governors Emergency Education Relief Scholarship (GEERS)
b. The RCC Foundation Train & Gain Scholarship
c. The NC Golden Leaf Scholarship
d. The State Employees Credit Union Scholarship
e. Federal Higher Education Emergency Education Relief Funds (HEERF)
f. RCC Foundation Scholarships
g. The NC Finish Line Grant
3. Develop/maintain database of all charges in accordance with the online scholarship/grant applications
4. Establish and maintain positive relationships with faculty/staff across campus in order to clearly communicate grants/scholarships policies regarding eligibility, disbursements, and data exchange.
5. Collaborate with the Senior Accounting Assistant to manage the distribution of Non-Credit and Curriculum scholarships across all applicants
6. Produce regular updates for Business Office and constituents across campus concerning applicant/budget data
7. Continually review student information for accuracy
8. Provide telephone and email support for students throughout scholarship application and refund processes
9. Provide accurate information to students and all concerned parties by drafting and refining messaging to improve clarity of student communications and resources
10. Contribute to continual program refinement by identifying opportunities to streamline application/awarding processes
11. Collaborate with appropriate faculty/staff personnel and RCC Financial Aid Office to develop and execute efficient processes to better inform and serve students
Perform other duties as assigned by the Controller and/or Senior Accounting Assistant