Closes: Wednesday, January 1, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, communications, or related field.
- Four years progressively responsible secretarial or clerical/administrative experience including one year of administrative or office management.
This position serves as the Administrative Assistant for the Vice-President of Institutional Effectiveness & Advancement and Executive Director of the HCC Foundation. Work involves exercising independent judgment in the interpretation, application, and enforcement of administrative policies and procedures, maintenance of frequent public contact with relevant local, state and federal agency officials. The Administrative Assistant must be familiar with all phases of Institutional Effectiveness, Assessment, SACSCOC, HCC Foundation management, including College events and functions.
Examples of Duties:
- Provide support to the Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement staff using the existing prospect management system, documentation, and adherence to guidelines and policies.
- Maintain the Vice-President of Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement calendar of meetings, appointments, handle incoming phone calls/messages and other daily events.
- Process leave requests and check monthly leave reports for those employees that report directly to the Vice-President of Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement.
- Perform clerical duties for the department as necessary as assigned by the Vice-President of Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement.
- Assist with the scholarship assignment and award process through receiving, inventorying, and entering all scholarship applications into the database.
- Assist with requesting and processing applicant transcripts; preparing and distributing scholarship applications for committee review; reviewing applications from the committee; tallying scores; and preparing award notifications.
- Assist with maintaining Foundation records to ensure accuracy through processing Foundation contributions and receipts, maintaining the donor database, preparing donor acknowledgements, and providing timely information as requested.
- Create, maintain, and search databases and manipulate data to produce lists, mailing labels, and merged letters.
- Assist in creating and implementing need strategies and services/functions for Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement.
- Assist with preparing items for Foundation Board meetings by preparing notebooks.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application or this will also result in an incomplete application. Official transcripts must be submitted to the Human Resources Director within (15) days upon hiring.
All applications must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.
To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit.
Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.