Closes: Thursday, November 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High school diploma
- Associate’s degree in Business, Computers, Information Technology, Office Systems or related field
- NC Community College experience
- Experience with Colleague system
Under the supervision of the Dean of Workforce Development, the part-time administrative assistant provides building and office support functions.
This position will serve as the initial greeter for students and patrons in the Industrial Technologies building.
This position serves to welcome and direct persons to locations for classes, or to provide information or other resources.
- Greets patrons and directs them to desired locations within the building
- Provides administrative support to programs in IT
- Serves as receptionist, answering the phone, taking messages, and forwarding calls; provides information and general customer service for students, faculty, and visitors
- Prepares memos, letters, and forms
- Assists with preparing reports
- Develops and designs appropriate forms, brochures, and flyers as requested
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail and coordinates outgoing mail; transmits and delivers facsimiles
- Maintains files and records for compliance review
- Coordinates instructional support for faculty