Lumberton Correctional Facility (NCDPS)
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate's degree in Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration AND a minimum of three years’ experience in Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration. Previous teaching experience is desired.
Qualified candidates must be knowledgeable of all the rules and regulations mandated by the NC Department of Public Safety. Qualified candidates must have computer skills and have the knowledge to submit all required paperwork to the College. Candidates must be willing to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth, demonstrate evidence of flexibility and willingness to change, and have an open-mind and fairness towards other faculty, staff, and students.
Same as minimum.
- Teach approved curriculum and all course work as outlined.
- Maintain supportive relationships with prison staff and other academic programs at the prison and the College.
- Assure the program meets standards established by the College and the Prison.
- Instructor will be expected to teach schedule as assigned by the director.
- Prepare and process course offerings and class schedules that meet program requirements of the NC Department of Public Safety and the needs of the students.
- Supervise instructional functions and student activities assigned in the classroom and lab.
- Register students and submit paperwork to the College appropriately.
- Ensure instructional resources are being utilized efficiently and effectively.
- Teach the curriculum with a focus on preparing students to enter the workforce.
- Provide instruction through non-traditional methods that employ a variety of techniques and simulations.
- Attend and participate in any professional development offerings as assigned by the College and/or the Department of Public safety.
- Develop student learning outcomes to enhance student learning.
- Incorporate the College's general education outcomes into courses.
- Participate in program level assessment and planning.
- Serve on college committees as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the College and/or NC Department of Public Safety.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should apply online at www.robeson.edu/hr and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.
Robeson Community College
P. O. Box 1420 Lumberton, NC 28359