VGCC Main Campus
Henderson, NC 27536
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, July 2, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s or Doctorate in Biology — or — Master’s or Doctorate in another discipline + 18 graduate credits in biology with a concentration in anatomy and physiology related courses.
Prior teaching of anatomy and physiology courses at the college level.
• Collaborate with Program Head and/or Department Chair regarding course assignment per semester.
• Create and maintain course documents such as syllabi, student learning outcomes, tests, etc. The course syllabi must be submitted for review to the Program Head and/or Department Chair each semester.
• Conduct class, lab, and/or clinical according to established meeting patterns, and notify Program Head and/or Department Chair of any changes.
• Update Moodle course page to use in enhanced, hybrid and online courses prior to start of semester.
Communicate with students via Moodle as appropriate per course design (enhanced, hybrid or online).
• Provide feedback to students regarding course progression.
• Record attendance and grades via WebAdvisor in accordance with semester deadlines.
• Inform Program Head and/or Department Chair of any student issues (academic, attendance, behavior, cheating, and plagiarism) as soon as possible.
• Assess student learning outcomes and demonstrate the use of the results to make improvements to course/program.
• Maintain suitable class records which show student membership hours, academic progress, student grading systems, etc.
• Experiment with new, innovative teaching techniques.
• Obtain and maintain certification in online delivery systems and attend adjunct convocation and other professional development opportunities as required by the college.
• Demonstrate proficiency in technology required by academic program area and in administrative processes as required by the college.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Vance-Granville Community College
Human Resources Department
252-492-2061 Ext. 3440