Rocky Mount, NC
Closes: Friday, November 24, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Office Administration or a related field from a regionally accredited institution. Must have 2 years of office and/or bookkeeping experience. Proficiency in Google Docs, Microsoft Word, and Excel a plus.
Responsible for performing a variety of general and confidential duties to support the day-to-day functions of the Human Resources office, including processing new hire paperwork, assisting with employee orientation, and understanding employee Benefits. Will assist in maintaining employee records and communicate with employees and job applicants. Will assist the Director of Human Resources as requested.
- Assist with posting vacant positions on the College’s applicant tracking system and other external job vacancy websites.
- Assist with processing incoming applications on the applicant tracking system and maintain files on vacancies.
- Correspond with applicants via the applicant tracking system, phone, and email regarding their application status.
- Field questions concerning available positions.
- Perform general office duties including typing, data entry, filing, copying, and scanning.
- Responsible for updating forms maintained by Human Resources.
- Must be able to keep information confidential.
- Assist with keeping personnel files up-to-date.
- Scan documents to document imaging system.
- Assist employees with general questions as they related to leave, timesheets, and benefits.
- Responsible for completing employment verifications.
- Will process the daily HR mail.
- Will monitor the dedicated HR email and respond to emails when needed.
- Will assist with the onboarding and exit interviews of employees.
- Assemble new hire packets and orientation packets.
- Assist with new hire orientation.
- Assist with annual benefits enrollment.
- Process E-verify for all new hires.
- Assist with set-up and maintenance of personnel information in Colleague.
- Provide customer service to employees, applicants, and College patrons.
- Sends updates to persons responsible for updating other College directories.
- Participate in professional development activities provided by NCC.
- Participate in College events and activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned which contribute to the efficient and effective operation of NCC.
- Serve on various committees as assigned.
- Participates in and supports ongoing assessment, planning and evaluation to improve student learning.