Foothills Higher Education Center
Closes: Friday, August 7, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related industry.
2. Strong verbal and written communication.
3. Demonstrated ability to multitask, perform under pressure, and flexibility to meet deadlines.
4. Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office and Google Documents.
5. Valid driver’s license.
1. 3-5 years’ experience in either business ownership or operations and/or equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for this position will be accepted.
2. Formal/informal experience or knowledge on how small businesses operate.
3. Knowledge of local businesses and resources in Burke County preferred.
Works closely with the SBC Director and providing small business owners with confidential, one-on-one counseling through the Small Business Center.
- Provides business counseling through direct face-to-face, video conference, telephone, email, and other forms of communication.
- Help small business owners locate and understand resources available to them due to COVID-19.
- Document assistance provided to ensure accurate client management and reporting.
- Facilitate the linkage of resources or sources of information with those for whom he/she provides counseling.
- Assist client with understanding of finances to ensure stability and growth through identifying grant and financing opportunities from a variety of sources.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality with all client information obtained.
- Communicate and empathize with the business owners in a patient and sincere way.
- Represent WPCC and the SBC in a positive way to area businesses.
- Help to promote the Small Business Center.
- Encourage businesses to utilize the various programs offered by the SBC.
- Maintain close customer contact to ensure the completion of all appointments.
- Flexible schedule with the availability to work some evenings.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Western Piedmont Community College