Part-Time Commercial Truck-Driver License (CDL) Training Instructor (Adjunct)
Scotland County Campus
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, October 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Understanding of and commitment to the unique nature and role of the institution, with reference to the mission and the open-door policy. The ability to solve problems and work directly with a diverse population of adult learners. Effective written and public speaking skills are required. Ability to work independently, in a fast-paced environment and be accountable for assignments. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and work effectively with people from all social-economic/education levels and ethnic groups.
Minimum Education and Experience: High School Diploma required. A current “Class A” CDL is required. A minimum of three years driving experience in the Commercial Trucking Industry is required. Prior CDL instructor experience preferred. Possession of a clean driving record for past three years at time of hire; and maintenance of a clean driving record for duration of employment. Maintain a current DOT medical card.
Prior CDL instructor experience preferred.
General Description: The Commercial Truck-Driver License (CDL) Instructor, under the authority of the CDL Program Coordinator, is responsible for instructing in the college’s CDL Training program that will result in students achieving CDL licensure success. Provide instruction in motor vehicle laws and regulations, map reading, vehicle maintenance, safety procedures, daily logs, defensive driving, freight handling, security, and fire protection. Instructors will use highway driving, training range exercises, and classroom lectures to develop the student’s knowledge and skills. We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Teach using a variety of instructional techniques to assist students in developing needed skills.
- Provide classroom and laboratory instruction to students.
- Prepare lesson plans and schedule classroom activities.
- Develop and prepare supplement materials to enhance textbook lessons.
- Develop recruiting activities. Cultivate and maintain relationships with appropriate local trucking industry representatives, industry partners and employers in service area to ensure program success. Maintain relationships with the NC Dept. of Motor Vehicles.
- Satisfy all Federal and ELDT regulations and requirements for the program.
- Provide classroom demonstrations on various equipment and machinery; develop laboratory assignments to provide hands on experience as appropriate.
- Maintain complete, accurate, and accessible files and records, daily attendance, and other paperwork and reports as requested for audit purposes in a timely manner.
- Attend state and regional training for implementation at local level.
- Maintain updated syllabi and other course documents that reflect expected student learning outcomes.
- Maintain regular, appropriate, professional communication with students.
- Ensure maintenance and safe operation of all equipment and areas.
- Accept other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Director
Richmond Community College
P O Box 1189
Hamlet NC 28379
P (910) 410-1804
F (910) 582-7028