Community Education Center
Closes: Friday, August 2, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- A Bachelor's Degree in education, counseling, human resources, business administration, or a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and training
- Knowledge of basic computer applications (Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently and with person from diverse backgrounds is necessary
- A Master's Degree in education, counseling, human resources, business administration, or a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and training
- Experience in academic advising and knowledge of student information systems
- Strong customer relations skills and relationship building skills
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of the mission of the community college especially as it relates to enrollment and student support service functions
To provide essential services that contributes significantly and directly to the furtherance of education, graduation and total development of students. Hours may be scheduled to include: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, evenings and weekends may be required. Additionally, this position is Grant Funded.
Examples of Duties:
Under the supervision of the Community Education Coordinator, the Career Specialist will provide facilitation for the Community Education Center. This position will assist students at the center with identifying long-term and short-term goals and career aspirations. The position will provide support, encouragement, and guidance to students. The position is also responsible to recruit students and promote the center.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
All applications for this position must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.
To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit.
Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.