Main Campus, Pitt Community College
Closes: Sunday, September 26, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High school diploma or equivalent. Preference will be given to current PCC students.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to troubleshoot basic technical issues.
- Familiarity with the MyPittCC Portal and its resources such as Moodle, PCC Alerts, and Google Apps.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications.
- Previous experience working in customer service is preferred.
The Craig. F. Goess Student Center computer lab is open to both prospective and current students. Technical Assistants in the computer lab deliver exceptional customer service to students with locating, accessing, and completing admissions forms and online college resources.
- Provide exceptional customer service to diverse populations.
- Assist prospective students with completing forms for admission to Pitt Community College, including the College’s application, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and the Residency Determination.
- Assist current students with accessing and learning how to operate resources in the MyPittCC Portal.
- Demonstrate patience while working with individuals who are not computer literate.
- Exhibit tolerance and a calm demeanor while in emotional and/or difficult situations.
- Answer resident, student, staff, and faculty questions relating to the general services of the College. Exhibit resourcefulness when attempting to answer unfamiliar questions.
- Assist students with printing documents and forms.
- Test the functionality of newly updated software and report issues.
- Provide data entry support for various operating systems.
- Clean and maintain equipment in the computer lab.