Closes: Saturday, September 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution; AND current unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse in the State of North Carolina; AND two years (4000 hours) of work experience as a registered nurse in the United States; AND one year (2000 hours) of RN experience in the provision of long-term care facility services in the United States demonstrated by:
a. working in a long-term care facility licensed as a skilled nursing facility or a skilled nursing facility which is a distinct part of a hospital, OR
b. supervising or teaching students in a long-term care facility licensed as a skilled nursing facility or a skilled nursing facility which is a distinct part of a hospital.
Current unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
Minimum documentation: Official transcripts from a regionally accredited institution, copy of license, and resume.
Familiarity with the Division of Facility Services Nurse Assistant Curriculum Guidelines and Skills modules.
The Nurse Aide Coordinator position is responsible for coordinating Nurse Aide and related health care worker education programs located on the campus of RCC. Duties include setting up classes, scheduling and clinical coordination, visiting classes throughout the semester, gathering required student information, maintaining instructional records, and providing support to faculty and assisting students as needed.
This position reports directly to the Director of Nursing Programs.
- Planning and organizing educational programs as approved by the RCC Board of Trustees, the North Carolina Community College System, and other accrediting entities.
- Identifying and/or developing instructional materials needed to teach the program competencies prescribed in the approved curriculum by Rockingham Community College, the North Carolina Community College System, and other accrediting entities.
- Developing course syllabi and instructional materials that outline clear and appropriate learning outcomes and expectations that reflect program competencies.
- Utilizing the course description set forth in the North Carolina Community College System common course library when developing or assessing student learning outcomes.
- Developing appropriate assessments of established learning outcomes for all courses taught.
- Reporting student progress in mastering established learning outcomes based on identified and approved assessments.
- Implementing and providing effective instruction that demonstrates appropriate knowledge of his/her specialized field in accordance with best practice literature.
- Administering appropriate assessment and/or testing to measure student learning outcomes in all courses.
- Assisting with the administration of courses in classroom, lab and/or practical settings to meet program needs including day, evening, weekend, and online courses.
- Evaluating student(s) and faculty progress and provides appropriate feedback.
- Assisting in the recruitment and orientation of new instructors to include a review of Continuing Education Instruction Manual and requirements for record keeping.
- Assisting in scheduling and set up of classes, scheduling and clinical coordination to include but not limited to scheduling of students and instructors to clinical sites.
- Participating in activities necessary to maintain program compliance with regulatory agencies
- Assisting in the evaluation of courses and programs.
- Preparing and submitting instructional records, reports, and grades established by institutional policy.
- Working collaboratively with faculty, staff and external agencies.
- Assisting in student recruitment, orientation and retention.
- Maintaining appropriate office hours and accessibility for students, faculty and staff.
- Maintaining supplies and equipment relevant to educational and student needs.
- Performing other tasks as assigned which support the mission and initiatives of the College.
- Maintaining appropriate classroom standards that include the effective management of students in the classroom and the management of classroom and lab facilities.
- Identifying and/or recommending equipment needed to teach the learning outcomes prescribed in the approved curriculum by the RCC Board of Trustees, the North Carolina Community College System, and accrediting entities.
- Maintaining compliance with established North Carolina Community College System performance measures, national benchmarks, etc. for the appropriate curriculum as prescribed by the North Carolina Community College System and accrediting entities.
- Providing timely and accurate reports including 10% reports, grade reports, and other required reports related to instruction.
- Interacting with the program advisory committee to determine state-of-the-art practices, procedures, and equipment related to maintaining an up-to-date instructional program.
- Monitoring professional information sources to determine trends and innovations in one's field that lend themselves to integration into the instructional program.
- Participating in professional development to enhance instructional and technical skills and to remain current with knowledge, changes, and new technology in the Nurse Aide field.
Student Development Support
- Being available to students for out-of-class tutorial support in the courses, he or she is assigned to teach.
- Referring students to Student Development personnel for guidance, counseling, and resource assistance following prescribed procedures on an as needed basis.
- Supporting retention strategies with the appropriate program faculty, Department Chair, Program Director, appropriate administration, and Student Services personnel to maximize student retention.
- Providing placement assistance to completers of the assigned program.
- Assisting with the implementation and enforcement of all official policies and procedures of RCC.
- Striving to exhibit a personal and professional deportment that reflects positively upon the individual and the public perception of the community college.
- Participating in the activities to maintain programmatic and institutional accreditation.
Public Relations Support
- Maintaining effective intra-institution relationships with members of the Board of Trustees, President's Senior Staff, Administrative Staff, faculty, and support personnel of the service area.
- Providing appropriate liaison support with the North Carolina Community College System and other relational entities.
- Promoting Rockingham Community College with local, state, regional, and national citizenry.