Part-time Custodian (Evening)
Rocky Mount, NC
Closes: Friday, February 10, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Diploma and valid driver's license.
Responsible for daytime cleaning the buildings daily to a standard that promotes a healthy, pleasant atmosphere for learning. Hours are Monday - Friday, 25 hours per week.
- Check restrooms and make sure they are stocked and clean, including paper and soap.
- Watch and clean any areas as needed during daily routine.
- Keep janitorial closets orderly.
- Check exterior trashcans and empty as necessary.
- Vacuum upholstered furniture as needed.
- Spot-clean walls and windows as necessary.
- Clean chalkboard and smart boards as needed.
- Keep entrances clean, empty outside ashtrays, and keep trash picked up.
- Clean student lounge areas as needed in mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
- Remove recyclables regularly to appropriate areas, clean receptacles as needed.
- Check parking lots for trash and pick up and dispose.
- Watch for general repairs and report to Manager of Facilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees may request reasonable accommodation(s) if necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Maintain stationary position, sitting or standing, for extended periods of time.
- Operate a computer and other machinery.
- Occasionally lift, move, transport, install, or remove items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- The ability to communicate information so that others understand.
- The ability to observe details.
- Ascend/descend a ladder.
- Ability to provide maintenance to items on the floor, wall, ceiling, or tight spaces.
- Ability to work in varied outdoor weather conditions.
How to Apply
Please apply using our online application at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/nashcc/jobs/3688656/part-time-custodi...
Job Post Contact
**Nash Community College will only accept applications that are submitted online through the online application system. Please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/nashcc? to view any vacancies and submit your application.**