Closes: Thursday, December 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Applicable Certifications based on courses taught
- Three (3) years teaching or corporate training experience
The primary purpose of this position is to provide classroom instruction and corporate training to clients through lecture, demonstration, laboratory exercises, handouts, responding to questions, and testing. Topics will vary according to client's requests, including but not limited to leadership, team building, process improvement, safety, mechanical skills training, computer and technology training, etc. Examples of Duties:
The Customized Training Instructor will:
- Provide classroom and laboratory instruction;
- prepare lesson plans and schedule classroom activities; develop, and prepare supplemental materials to enhance textbook lessons;
- develop and prepare tests to evaluate student performance; grade and record individual scores;
- provide classroom demonstrations on various equipment and machinery; develop laboratory assignments to provide hands on experience as appropriate;
- participate in curriculum development, evaluation, and change; attend faculty meetings as required;
- work the number of hours scheduled by the Workforce Development Department;
- maintain accurate records of student attendance, and performance; maintain other records and databases according to program needs or accreditation requirements;
- stay abreast of new developments, and changes in various academic fields;
- participate in staff development programs, workshops, seminars, and other continuing education programs as appropriate.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application or this will also result in an incomplete application. Official transcripts must be submitted to the Human Resources Director within (15) days upon hiring.
All applications must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.
To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit.
Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.