Closes: Friday, June 23, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited post-secondary institution
● Intermediate to advanced computer skills
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● A degree in education or a related field
● A minimum of one year of teaching experience
This position is part-time with no benefits.
The current position is located on the Davie Campus.
BE PART OF SOMETHING BIG:
Davidson Davie Community College (DDCC) is an award-winning institution known for a commitment to excellence and student success. The DDCC community is dedicated to providing students a high quality education designed to prepare them to live and work in an increasingly interconnected world. To this end, DDCC celebrates the value of a diverse faculty and staff and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. DDCC faculty and staff are passionate about equity and our responsibility to work with each unique student to support them in successfully attaining their goals.
DDCC's benefits and other resources make it possible to excel both professionally and personally. Come join this dynamic community that supports and celebrates the success of all of its members. The future is here!
The College and Career Readiness program seeks instructors to teach adult learners who are building essential digital and computer literacy skills. Digital literacy skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to access and use email, Learning Management Systems, web searches,
and other tools used for communication to successfully access higher education and/or employment. The Digital Literacy Instructor will provide classroom and/or online instruction which incorporates the NC Adult Education Standards and integrated job training using Northstar Digital Literacy Assessment software and other high quality tools to prepare students
for transition to postsecondary programs, credential attainment, or improvement of personal computer skills.
Essential Job Functions:
● Maintain high level of sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds
● Prepare and execute lessons, activities and exercises using Northstar and other high quality tools
● Monitor student growth
● Prepare and submit necessary class records to document student attendance and progress in a timely and organized manner
● Provide prompt and appropriate professional correspondence to students and colleagues
● Demonstrate knowledge and support of College policies and procedures ● Perform other duties as assigned