Closes: Saturday, February 29, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
- Valid NC Pesticide License or must obtain within the first three months of employment
- Proficient in using manual and power tools safely
- Ability to establish and maintain a good working relationship with co-workers, supervisor, staff, students, and the general public.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Knowledge of grounds equipment operation, care and maintenance
- Ability to work at other times other than scheduled hours
- Ability to withstand prolonged walking, standing, bending, stooping, and kneeling on a daily basis.
- 1+ year grounds keeping or related experience
- Associate’s Degree in Horticulture or related field
To maintain the grounds on the Tarboro campus in a professional and aesthetic manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS Assure safe and clean grounds for students, employees, and visitors. Mow, trim, edge, blow sidewalks, and pick up trash on a weekly basis. Prune, mulch, plant new plants, and water as needed. Apply insecticides and fertilizers. Operate and maintain power tools to ensure equipment is safe. Perform other duties as are related to the description or assigned by supervisor. Assist with lawn maintenance on Rocky Mount Campus, as needed. May be required to assist in setting up tables and chairs for events. Groundskeeper personnel are expected to report to work even when the College is closed due to inclement weather to assist with snow or ice removal.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, each candidate must submit a completed Edgecombe Community College Application for Employment* and copies of transcripts, licenses, and certificates to:
Edgecombe Community College
2009 West Wilson St. Tarboro, NC 27886
A separate application is required for each job posting. Applications may be obtained from the receptionist on campus in either Rocky Mount or Tarboro, mailed on request, or printed from our web site at www.edgecombe.edu . Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but will be reviewed as they are received.