Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr., Clyde, NC 28716
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, February 24, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master's degree with 18 graduate hours in health education, physical education, or related subject area.
Completed Master's degree in health education or physical education. Previous experience teaching at the post-secondary level. Experience teaching to dual enrollment or early college high school students. Available to teach on Tuesday and Thursday. Familiarity with Moodle or other learning management systems.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Instructor will teach face-to-face, web-based, or online health and personal wellness (HEA 110) or Physical Education (PED) courses. Ideal candidates will be available to teach face-to-face HEA 110, Personal Health and wellness, sections on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the spring semester. Duties are primarily instructional with efforts that promote and enhance the college's commitment to excellence in instruction and which support the current needs of the students and other faculty; Instructors are responsible to a dean and/or program manager. The relationship of the instructor to the student is one of leader, teacher, and facilitator of learning.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Generates updated course syllabi at the beginning of the semester that provide students with a list of course requirements, necessary texts/supplies, a summary of course content and subject competencies to be covered, and evaluation methods to be utilized.
- Prepares course materials.
- Uses appropriate teaching techniques including delivering lectures, leading discussions, and conducting demonstrations/exercises.
- Conducts evaluations of student performance and assigns grades based on those evaluations.
- Maintains and submits records of student attendance and grades on time, and in accordance with college procedure.
- Responsible for administering student surveys in classes as prescribed by college procedure and for discussing the results of surveys with his/her supervisor.
- Supports and encourages college-sponsored activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required to meet course objectives.
How to Apply
To Apply Submit:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu
- Application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
- HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status.