- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, January 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet use.
- Experience in resume writing, employment interviewing, employee supervision, job search, computer skills for the workplace, time management, and managing finances.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and experienced in presenting and creating new ideas.
- Ability to teach students in a group or one-on-one during daytime and evening hours as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population using excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prior teaching experience with adult learners.
- At least four years business management experience.
- Experience working in confined settings.
- NC Career Readiness Certificate.
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Development (HRD) Coordinator, the HRD Instructor is responsible for teaching classes and assisting students in all areas of job search preparation including: communication skills, workplace ethics, management of finances within the household, and researching employment pathways.
The purpose of the Human Resources Development (HRD) Instructor is to educate and train individuals for success in the rapidly changing and globally competitive workplace through employability skills training and to support economic development in the Roanoke Valley.
Assist in selecting material for assigned HRD courses in collaboration with HRD Coordinator.
Assist/substitute for other instructors as needed.
Assist HRD Coordinator in determining resources and instructional materials needed for classes and maintain these at the class location.
Assist HRD Coordinator with conducting retention and follow-up of student attendance and maintain reports.
Complete records accurately and within a given timeline.
Continue to develop professional skills by participating in advanced training, attending meetings, seminars, conferences and workshops when needed and appropriate.
SUPPORT OF MISSION/RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serve as a representative of Halifax Community College (HCC), display courtesy, tact, consideration, and discretion in all interactions with other members of the HCC community and with the public.
Duties may include substantial evening hours and may be on or off campus.
Any other duties assigned by supervisors.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
All applications for this position must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit. Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.