Workforce and Economic Development
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, August 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet use.
- Experience in resume writing, employment interviewing, employee supervision, job search, computer skills for the workplace, time management, and managing finances.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and experienced in presenting and creating new ideas.
- Ability to teach students in a group or one-on-one during daytime and evening hours as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population using excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prior teaching experience with adult learners.
- At least four years business management experience.
- Experience working in confined settings.
- NC Career Readiness Certificate.
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Development (HRD) Coordinator, the HRD Instructor is responsible for teaching classes and assisting students in all areas of job search preparation including: communication skills, workplace ethics, management of finances within the household, and researching employment pathways.