Odom Correctional Insititute
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, April 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Diploma in Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Technology or related mechanical/electrical field. Degrees and hours must be from a regionally accredited college or university. Two years of related work experience in the field and/or teaching experience.
Associate degree in Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Technology or related mechanical/electrical field. Degrees and hours must be from a regionally accredited college or university. Teaching experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to relate to people from differing educational, economic and social backgrounds.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 20 pounds frequently as needed to move objects and materials.
- Must receive clearance from the Department of Public Safety to work at the facility.
- Must comply with the rules and regulations of the correctional facility and participate in annual PREA training.
BASIC FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITY:
Successful applicant would teach day classes using a variety of teaching methods involving both lecture and hands-on lab instruction. The part-time instructor is responsible for teaching course content, preparing, and keeping appropriate records and syllabi for all assigned courses. Each part-time instructor will provide effective instruction in all classes by implementing active learning strategies and focusing on student learning outcomes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide classroom instruction to students through lecture, demonstration, laboratory exercises, handouts, responding to questions, and testing according to established meeting patterns.
- Assess student learning outcomes and demonstrate the use of the results to make improvements to course/program.
- Provide feedback to students regarding course progression.
- Record and maintain suitable class records which show student membership hours, attendance and grades in accordance with deadlines.
- Experiment with new, innovative teaching techniques.
- Administer and proctor the state licensure exam at the end of term.
- Inform the Associate Dean and the Odom Program Specialist of any student issues (academic, attendance, behavior, cheating, and plagiarism) as soon as possible.
How to Apply
Please visit https://ats.applicantone.com/Careers/roanokechowancommunitycollege for more information and to apply.
Roanoke-Chowan Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution. As such, the College does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or political affiliation.