- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate degree in industrial systems technology from an accredited institution. Five or more years of direct work experience within industrial systems technology.
Ability to speak Spanish
Instructors are responsible for providing quality, engaging, and college-level instruction in their specific field/discipline. Instruction will focus on student success and retention using various teaching strategies and delivery methods. Faculty are responsible for participating in professional development and promoting the College’s mission and vision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Design and implement appropriate and meaningful instructional activities, incorporating latest instructional and interactive learning technologies
- Possess the knowledge, skills and experience to provide effective instruction in concepts and principles as they relate to the field of instruction and ensure that content covers approved competencies
- Assist students with blueprint reading, mechanical systems maintenance, welding, machining or fabrication and technical skills in electricity, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and efficient classroom/lab
- Evaluate student performance and provide students detailed feedback to help improve performance and maintain student learning outcomes
- Complete, in a timely and efficient manner, all required college records including attendance and grades
- Use the college’s student information system and college approved retention software to assist and retain students
- Ability to teach nights and/or weekends.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None