201 Highway U.S. 321
Dallas, NC 28034
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, May 14, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Please make sure to list all relevant degrees and certifications you were awarded on this application.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Please make sure to list all relevant experience you have in the field of instruction on this application.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and must value collaboration; possess good teaching and organization skills; able to communicate effectively both in verbal and written expression; and possess an educational philosophy that is compatible with the mission of Gaston College.
- 2 years' experience teaching Carpentry or related courses
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and building codes
- Knowledge of building methods
- Skills in fine woodworking and cabinetry.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, with the ability to lift and maneuver items relevant to the field of instruction.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- AAS Degree and experience in teaching carpentry method preferred.
Part-Time Instructors will facilitate a variety of subjects and complete associated paperwork to ensure compliance with state and federal policies and/or grant regulations. Must be able to teach day or evening classes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop/approve class schedule(s) under the direction of the Coordinator of Workforce Development and department staff as requested.
- Maintain accurate records (such as attendance, grades, documentation, etc.) and submit any corresponding reports according to departmental or college guidelines.
- Provide effective instruction to students online and/or in the classroom by preparing for each learning experience, and using effective evaluation methods to measure student performance.
- Maintain up to date knowledge within the teaching field, and of software used for class delivery.
- Participate in departmental and divisional orientation and training sessions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact