201 Highway U.S. 321
Dallas, NC 28034
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, May 14, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Please make sure to list all relevant degrees and certifications you were awarded on this application.
- Associate degree or college diploma in plumbing and two years of industry related work experience in plumbing OR High school diploma and seven years of industry related work experience in plumbing
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Please make sure to list all relevant experience you have in the field of instruction on this application.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and must value collaboration; possess good teaching and organization skills; able to communicate effectively both in verbal and written expression; and possess an educational philosophy that is compatible with the mission of Gaston College.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, with the ability to lift and maneuver items relevant to the field of instruction.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- Industry certification in plumbing
- State License in plumbing
- Organization/Associate affiliation
- One year teaching experience at the college-level (In addition to required years of work experience)
- Other supporting documents related to plumbing and/or teaching (Certificates, continuing education credits, awards, publications presentations etc.)
Part-Time Instructors will facilitate a variety of subjects and complete associated paperwork to ensure compliance with state and federal policies and/or grant regulations. Must be able to teach day or evening classes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop/approve class schedule(s) under the direction of the Coordinator of Workforce Development and department staff as requested.
- Maintain accurate records (such as attendance, grades, documentation, etc.) and submit any corresponding reports according to departmental or college guidelines.
- Provide effective instruction to students online and/or in the classroom by preparing for each learning experience, and using effective evaluation methods to measure student performance.
- Maintain up to date knowledge within the teaching field, and of software used for class delivery.
- Participate in departmental and divisional orientation and training sessions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact