- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, August 5, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Must be able to work with students of various diverse backgrounds.
- Must be able to teach reading, writing, social studies, science and math effectively.
- Must be flexible in assuming a variable work schedule, which may include evenings.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and through correct written grammar and usage.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Familiar with developing contextualized work-based learning activities.
Developing lesson plans to supplement core instruction.
Prior teaching experience preferred.
To provide instruction to Adult Basic Education students and/or to students wishing to complete their High School Equivalency/ Adult High School Diploma or to English Language Learners. Must be flexible to work Monday – Friday; 8:00 am to 12:00 pm /or 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- Must maintain accurate records of enrollment, attendance, and student progress.
- Must utilize a variety of teaching methods, with the use of technology (such as Zoom), to meet the needs of students.
- Must be able to teach a variety of content areas.
- Must be able to evaluate test scores of students and prescribe a course of study that places a student in appropriate educational materials based on test scores.
- Must be able to establish and maintain rapport with students of varying backgrounds and educational levels.
- Must be able to accept and follow directions from your supervisor.
- Must be able to administer state approved testing as directed.
- Must be able to maintain a positive classroom environment at all times.
- Must work well with others.
- Must be willing to participate in all training required by the supervisor.
- Must be able to deliver instruction to a class of students as well as to an individual student.
- Must attend all HSE/AHS graduations.
- Must be able to teach to students of various educational levels within the same classroom setting.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein as directed by your supervisor.