- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be able to work with students of various diverse backgrounds.
- Must be able to teach number concepts, addition and subtraction, measurement, geometry, algebra and financial literacy effectively.
- Must be flexible in assuming a variable work schedule, which may include evenings.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both oral and written.
- Must possess strong organizational skills in regards to classroom materials, records, etc.
- Must be familiar with developing contextualized work-based learning activities.
Willing to attend professional development training to earn the CORE credential within 1 year of hire date.
Work well with coworkers.
Prior teaching, tutoring, or small group math instruction experience.
Instruct students in Adult Basic Education Level 4 Math and High School Equivalency Math who are in the process of completing their High School Equivalency Diploma. Must be available to teach classes Monday – Thursday; 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- Must be able to develop and execute lesson plans on a weekly basis for student development and instruction.
- Must complete and maintain confidential and accurate records of enrollment, attendance, and student progress.
- Must possess outstanding classroom management skills.
- Must utilize a variety of teaching methods utilizing technology (such as Zoom, Aztec, Moodle, etc.), to meet the students’ needs.
- Must be able to teach to students at varying math levels.
- Must be able to deliver instruction to a class of students as well as an individual student.
- Must be able to evaluate test scores of students and prescribe a course of study that places a student in appropriate educational materials based on test scores.
- Must be able to create a welcoming, engaging, and effective learning environment and establish and maintain rapport with students of varying backgrounds.
- Must be able to accept and follow directions from the CCR Director/supervisor.
- Must be available to participate in all training required by the CCR Director/supervisor.
- Must attend and assist at the annual HSE graduation outside of normal work hours.