- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, August 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) with 3 or more years of EMS field experience
- Current EMT, Advanced EMT or Paramedic credential by the NC Office of EMS (OEMS)
- Current NC OEMS Level I EMS Instructor or higher
- Current CPR Instructor certification (AHA, ASHI, Red Cross).
- Prior training and/or teaching experience in healthcare or related area
- Knowledge about methods of instruction, testing and evaluation of students
- Valid NC Driver’s License
- Creativity and openness to change
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and commitment to the use of technology in instruction
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others in a team environment
- Associate’s Degree in an EMS, healthcare discipline, health education, or related field
- Experience with instructional technology
- Experience instructing in a High School environment.
Develop and instruct high school students in a new EMT program starting in August 2021.
Essential Functions: 25%
Under the supervision of the Director of Fire, Rescue & EMS, the Part-Time EMS Academy Instructor performs administrative, record keeping, educational and instructional duties in the classroom setting. Work involves preparing and delivering lectures, teaching practical skills and maintaining student attendance as required by the NC Office of Emergency Services (OEMS) and the North Carolina Community College System. Instructors shall maintain documents as needed for enrollment of students and prepare and submit necessary documentation for continued accreditation. Performs related work as required. Not to exceed 25 hours per week.
Specific Duties: 75%
This position will focus on overseeing, developing and instructing an EMT program in the Halifax County School System, which will begin in the Fall Semester of 2021. It will be a day class serving up to fifteen students; the days and hours of which, have yet to be determined. Coordinate with Halifax County School Administration to establish the high school EMT program, schedule and delivery method. Deliver the NC OEMS approved educational program, as prescribed by the governing body. Demonstrate/Instruct to students all related skills required of the program. Create and maintain all required documentation to support the EMT program. Utilize and maintain all related EMS equipment needed for skills assessment. Grade and record testing and skills components of the program. Evaluate student outcomes and make recommendations for improvements.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
All applications for this position must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc.
Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application. To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application.
Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit. Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214