Part-time Instructor, Medical Assisting
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, June 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Diploma or GED.
Current certification as a Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA-NHA-National Health Career Association)
Two years work experience as a medical assistant.
Two years of relevant teaching experience.
Associate of Applied Science Health Science Degree.
Certified in AHA cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
This part-time teaching position will be responsible for didactic and lab instruction for the medical assisting program. The individual must coordinate all instructional activities to ensure an educational continuum between didactic and lab environment.
Must have ability to work evening hours, Saturdays (when needed), and day or evening.
The position reports to the Health Science Coordinator.
Curriculum and Instruction
- Planning and organizing the curriculum as approved by the RCC Board of Trustees, the North Carolina Community College System, and other accrediting entities.
- Identifying and/or developing instructional materials needed to teach the program competencies prescribed in the approved curriculum by Rockingham Community College, the North Carolina Community College System, and other accrediting entities.
- Integrating related supplemental reading that provides additional opportunities for student learning.
- Assisting in the development of program student learning outcomes for all courses in the program major.
- Developing course syllabi that outline clear and appropriate learning outcomes and expectations that reflect program competencies.
- Utilizing the course description set forth in the North Carolina Community College System common course library when developing or assessing learning objectives.
- Developing appropriate assessments of established learning outcomes for all courses taught.
- Reporting student progress in mastering established learning outcomes based on identified and approved assessments.
- Implementing and providing effective instruction that demonstrates appropriate knowledge of his/her specialized field in accordance with best practice literature.
- Teaching an appropriate instructional course load in accordance with policies outlined in the Instructional Procedures Manual.
- Demonstrating the effective use of pedagogical methods to meet various student learning styles.
- Administering appropriate assessment and/or testing to measure student learning outcomes in all courses.
- Maintaining appropriate classroom standards that include the effective management of students in the classroom and the management of classroom and lab facilities.
- Identifying and/or recommending equipment needed to teach the learning outcomes prescribed in the approved curriculum by the RCC Board of Trustees, the North Carolina Community College System, and accrediting entities.
- Maintaining compliance with established North Carolina Community College System performance measures, national benchmarks, etc. for the appropriate curriculum as prescribed by the North Carolina Community College System and accrediting entities.
- Providing timely and accurate reports including 10% reports, grade reports, and other required reports related to instruction.
Student Development Support
- Being available to students for out-of-class tutorial support in the courses, he or she is assigned to teach.
- Referring students to Student Development personnel for guidance, counseling, and resource assistance following prescribed procedures on an as needed basis.
- Supporting retention strategies with the appropriate program faculty, Department Chair, Program Director, appropriate administration, and Student Services personnel to maximize student retention.
- Providing placement assistance to graduates of the assigned program.
- Assisting with the implementation and enforcement of all official policies and procedures of RCC.
- Attending meetings, conferences, seminars, briefings, and training sessions called to expedite the business of the college.
- Attending extracurricular functions such as graduation, campus fund drives, etc. that promote the collegiate life.
- Striving to exhibit a personal and professional deportment that reflects positively upon the individual and the public perception of the community college.
- Participating in the activities to maintain programmatic and institutional accreditation.
Public Relations Support
- Maintaining effective intra-institution relationships with members of the Board of Trustees, President's Senior Staff, Administrative Staff, faculty, and support personnel of the service area.
- Providing appropriate liaison support with the North Carolina Community College System and other relational entities.
- Promoting Rockingham Community College with local, state, regional and national citizenry.
- Participating in Rockingham Community College, North Carolina Community College System, and other authorized professional development programs upon request.
- Pursuing professional development courses, seminars, workshops, and institutes designed to enrich and/or enhance the quality of instruction delivered in the classroom and/or laboratory.
- Pursuing local, state, regional, or national certifications that qualify one's work against recognized standards in his or her field.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, you must complete an online application at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/rockinghamcc.