- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, September 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Diploma or GED.
Current Certification as a certified Phlebotomy Technician (PBT- ASCP).
Two years of relevant teaching experience.
Two years of relevant work experience as a Phlebotomy Technician.
Associate of Applied Science Health Science Degree.
Certified in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) with American Heart Association (AHA).
This part-time teaching position will be responsible for didactic and lab instruction for the Phlebotomy technician program. The individual must coordinate all instructional activities to ensure an educational continuum between didactic and lab environment.
Must have ability to work day hours or morning hours, Saturdays (when needed).
The position reports to the Health Science Coordinator.
Curriculum and Instruction
- Planning and organizing the curriculum as approved by the RCC Board of Trustees, the North Carolina Community College System, and other accrediting entities.
- Identifying and/or developing instructional materials needed to teach the program competencies prescribed in the approved curriculum by Rockingham Community College, the North Carolina Community College System, and other accrediting entities.
- Integrating related supplemental reading that provides additional opportunities for student learning.
- Assists and reports directly to the Health Sciences Coordinator, and maintains regular ongoing communication relevant to activities of phlebotomy technician students.
- Prepares and teaches assigned course in accordance with course syllabus and published course schedule.
- Assesses and evaluates student performance.
- Maintains accurate records of student progress and attendance.
- Maintains student clinical records.
- Assists with preparation, review, and update of course syllabi.
- Recommends and assists with curriculum revisions as necessary.
- Maintains adequate supplies, and orders necessary supplies as needed.
- Assists with the preparation of the program, class lecture and skills lab documents.
- Assists in planning and implementing the coordination of skills lab activities.
- Maintains effective communication with students, other faculty, staff, Health Sciences Coordinator and division dean.
- Documents program and student learning outcomes for didactic, and skills simulation lab experiences.
- Maintains instructional space.
- Displays effective time management skills in the performance of all required activities related to the position.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the position as deemed necessary by the Program Coordinator of Health Sciences and division dean.
Student Development Support
- Being available to students for out-of-class tutorial support in the courses, he or she is assigned to teach.
- Referring students to Student Development personnel for guidance, counseling, and resource assistance following prescribed procedures on an as needed basis.
- Supporting retention strategies with the appropriate program faculty, Department Chair, Program Director, appropriate administration, and Student Services personnel to maximize student retention.
- Providing placement assistance to graduates of the assigned program.
- Assisting with the implementation and enforcement of all official policies and procedures of RCC.
- Attending meetings, conferences, seminars, briefings, and training sessions called to expedite the business of the college.
- Attending extracurricular functions such as graduation, campus fund drives, etc. that promote the collegiate life.
- Striving to exhibit a personal and professional deportment that reflects positively upon the individual and the public perception of the community college.
- Participating in the activities to maintain programmatic and institutional accreditation.
- Public Relations Support
- Maintaining effective intra-institution relationships with members of the Board of Trustees, President's Senior Staff, Administrative Staff, faculty, and support personnel of the service area.
- Providing appropriate liaison support with the North Carolina Community College System and other relational entities.
- Promoting Rockingham Community College with local, state, regional, and national citizenry.
- Participating in Rockingham Community College, North Carolina Community College System, and other authorized professional development programs upon request.
- Pursuing professional development courses, seminars, workshops, and institutes designed to enrich and/or enhance the quality of instruction delivered in the classroom and/or laboratory.
- Pursuing local, state, regional, or national certifications that qualify one's work against recognized standards in his or her field.