Closes: Monday, October 22, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree from an accredited college with major course work related to computer, audiovisual, and/or instructional technologies with three years of increasingly responsible experience working with technology tools in an educational setting. Communication, both oral and written, skills necessary. Must have expert efficiency in Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and experience with MAC devices. Extensive experience directly related to the position duties, well documented in the application packet, may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
Two years of experience working with human patient simulators and background in a health-related field
Fayetteville Technical Community College is seeking qualified applicants for this part-time position. The ability to effectively support the audiovisual, information technology and simulation/skills lab needs of the health programs is critical to experiencing success in this position. Expertise in current teaching/learning technologies is essential to this position and experience in a health-related field is beneficial. Qualified candidates will possess excellent computer skills (both MAC and PC), demonstrate evidence of a career that includes flexibility and willingness to change; open-mindedness, fairness and the ability to see multiple perspectives; a willingness to take risks, and willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
DUTIES: The successful candidate will:
• Assist in the selection of appropriate manikins, learning technologies, hardware and software for health program instruction.
• Research and recommend emerging technologies and tools for use in classroom, online and lab settings.
• Support faculty in implementation of learning management systems, computer applications, audiovisual equipment and other technologies.
• Assist in student learning experiences that involve technology applications including use of human patient simulators.
• Provide preventive maintenance to technology tools and/or request needed maintenance.
• Participate in the general maintenance of the simulation and skills laboratory areas; perform routine maintenance and minor repairs on computer equipment and human patient simulators; coordinate and schedule maintenance and repair with FTCC MIS and/or outside vendors.
• Collaborate with other college departments, vendors, and outside agencies to optimize technology use.
• Provide professional development in use of simulation and technology for health programs.
• Maintain Excel spreadsheets and online calendars regarding student time/usage of lab areas.
• Order and maintain lab supplies.
• Assist with management of linens for health programs.
• Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of laboratory facilities; return unused materials to storage.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact