Closes: Thursday, August 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) with four or more years of law enforcement or directly related experience
- NC Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards General Instructor Certification
- Prior training and/or teaching experience in law enforcement field
- Knowledge about methods of instruction, testing and evaluation of students
- Valid Driver's License
- Creativity and openness to change
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong computer skills and commitment to the use of technology in instruction
- Experience providing instruction in the NC Community College System
- Experience with instructional technology
Under the supervision of the Director of Law Enforcement Training, the Part-Time Instructor performs administrative, recordkeeping, educational and instructional duties in the classroom setting. Work involves preparing and delivering lectures, teaching practical skills and maintaining student attendance as required by the Community College System. Instructors shall maintain documents as needed for enrollment of students and prepare and submit necessary documentation for continued accreditation. Performs related work as required.
Examples of Duties:
- Provides instruction in Law Enforcement certification and continuing education courses.
- Conducts all practical skills, student evaluations, and determines when the student has demonstrated competency in each skill. Conducts written and practical skills testing in accordance with NC Criminal Justice or NC Sheriff's Education and Training Standards Commission guidelines. Advises students, conducts learning labs as needed and assists with registration. Will assist the program coordinator with ensuring that all required materials, equipment and supplies are available to the students. Prepares attendance reports and administers attendance policy.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
All applications for this position must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.
To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit.
Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.