- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Five or more years of direct work experience with certification in machining
Associate degree or diploma in machining technology from an accredited institution
Ability to speak Spanish
Instructors are responsible for providing quality, engaging, and college-level instruction in their specific field/discipline. Instruction will focus on student success and retention using various teaching strategies and delivery methods. Faculty are responsible for participating in professional development and promoting the College’s mission and vision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Design and implement appropriate and meaningful instructional activities, incorporating latest instructional and interactive learning technologies
- Possess the knowledge, skills and experience to provide effective instruction in concepts and principles as they relate to the field of instruction and ensure that content covers approved competencies
- Assist students with operation of machining tools, lathes, drilling machines, saws, milling machines, bench grinders, and layout instruments.
- Setup and operate machine tools including the selection and use of work holding devices, speeds, feeds, cutting tools, and coolants
- Maintain a clean, safe, and efficient classroom/lab
- Knowledge of CAD operation preferred
- Evaluate student performance and provide students detailed feedback to help improve performance and maintain student learning outcomes
- Complete, in a timely and efficient manner, all required college records including attendance and grades
- Use the college’s student information system and college approved retention software to assist and retain students
- Ability to teach nights and/or weekends.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None