Alamance Community College (Main Campus)
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, December 13, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Certified Medical Laboratory Scientist (ASCP) or equivalent
- Has a minimum of three (3) years' experience in medical laboratory environment
- Has knowledge of blood bank and medical laboratory operations
- Has understanding of certification procedures
- Has strong customer service skills
- Is a clear and effective communicator written and verbal
- Earned Associates degree in related field
- Prior teaching experience in either clinical or didactic setting
- Bachelor's Degre
Adjunct faculty will teach 32 contact hours per week during each 8-week term. Topics will include practice of clinical chemistry, urinalysis, clinical hematology and coagulation performed on site at the LabCorp facility in Burlington, NC. Instructional personnel are expected to commit the time and effort necessary for a quality clinical experience?
Essential functions include:
• Maintains professional knowledge of assigned instructional areas.
• Possesses training in the maintenance and use of current automation at the instructional facility.
• Ensures observation and performance of preanalytical, ananlytical and post analytical procedures in assigned instructional areas in accordance with student evaluation forms.
• Obtains quality assurance and patient results for student problem solving and evaluation scenarios in each of the assigned instructional areas.
• Reports accurate student attendance on individual time sheets and enforces attendance policies.
• Submits all records and evaluations by the established deadlines for each clinical rotation.
• Performs other related duties as required by department head.
How to Apply
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application.