Closes: Monday, January 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High school diploma.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in janitorial, customer services, or related industry is required.
As a part of Facilities, Custodians are responsible for a broad set of cleaning services and general upkeep in and around HCC facilities. The majority of the work focuses on inside services; however, on a seasonal basis expectations could include responsibilities such as clearing entrances to buildings and power washing exterior surfaces. Custodians report to the Custodial Supervisor. Hours are Monday through Friday from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Examples of Duties:The Custodian will be able to perform the following:
- Performs janitorial services in areas around the college campus as assigned by the Custodial Supervisor.
- Maintains records as required including daily worksheets of jobs completed, gas receipts, etc.
- Respond to needs such as work orders, vehicle check out forms, purchase requests, inspection reports,
- reports, records, correspondence, etc. described by supervisor.
- Follows campus rules and regulations along with supervisor guidance regarding regulatory code books, equipment manuals, policy and procedure manuals, codes/laws/regulations, publications, and reference texts, etc.
- Operates a variety of equipment and machinery such as telephone, vehicles and various trailers, sprayers, wet/dry vacuums, scrubbers, buffers, etc.
- Utilizes various types of tools including but not limited to: ladders, drills, toilet auger, channel locks, and miscellaneous hand tools.
- lnteracts and communicates with various groups and individuals including Custodial Supervisor, co workers, staff and faculty, contractors, regulatory agencies, businesses, and the general public.
- Performs general administrative work, including but not limited to: attending meetings, providing data for reports, etc.
How to Apply
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:All applications for this position must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit. Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.