Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Drive, Clyde, NC 28721
Assigned Nursing Clinical Site
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, May 3, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Three years or the equivalent of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse. Have current knowledge of nursing practice for the registered and the licensed practical nurse. Clinical Experience in a Mother-Baby setting.
Master’s degree in Nursing. Three years or the equivalent of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse. Have current knowledge of nursing practice for the registered and the licensed practical nurse. Clinical Experience at Mission Hospital on the Mother-Baby setting.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This part-time nursing clinical position is to supervise and teach clinical students in the mother-baby setting during the summer term.
* Applications will be reviewed as received. Position open only until hired. Position start date is May, 24, 2021. *
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Working with clinical agencies and nursing faculty in coordinating clinical rotations.
• Assists with and implementing clinical schedules for nursing students.
• Implementing course clinical objectives.
• Supervising nursing students in direct patient care settings, ensure that safe and quality care is provided.
• Maintaining accurate records pertaining to student progress and achievement.
• Completing student evaluations and determination of student clinical grades. •Ensure that agency, school, and Region A Nursing Consortium regulations and policies are upheld.
• Identification of students experiencing academic, attendance, or performance problems and reporting these to the Nursing Program Director.
• Attend meetings as requested by the Nursing Program Director.
• Satisfy the clinical agency requirements related to the clinical agency requirements related to criminal background checks, immunization status, orientation, and/or drug screening.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with clinical agencies and staff.
• Assist with simulation lab activities.
• Maintain office hours to assist students with clinical paperwork.
• Serve as a professional role model by upholding the highest standards of integrity.
• Create a student-centered environment for on and off campus students.
• Implement innovative strategies to meet the needs of students and improve processes.
• Interact with co-workers and perform tasks with the highest level of integrity.
• Work cooperatively with faculty, staff, students and our learning community.
• Promote and support HCC's mission, vision and values and promote and support coworkers in the most positive manner.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status