Alamance Community College (Main Campus)
Closes: Friday, November 22, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum of an Associate degree.
Clerical operations related experience.
Stong organizational skills.
Familiar with Health Science Programs.
Understanding and commitment to the mission of Higher Education.
Proficient in Word, Excel, Access and other related software.
Competence in oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work in a professional and congenial manner with faculty, staff, students, and the general public.
Experience working in a higher education environment
Experience working with Groupwise andColleague platforms
Provide secretarial and clerical support to the Nursing Department Chair and nursing faculty. Work assignments are generally self-planned and performed with minimal supervision. Responsible for maintaining student records, data management, nursing faculty record keeping, coordination / communication with clinical agencies and other stakeholders.
- Maintain student records.
- Maintain required nursing faculty process to include licensure, immunizations and other clinical agency requirements.
- Assist Nursing Department Head and nursing faculty with the program’s self-studies and site visits for state approval process or national accreditation or re-accreditation.
- Ensure clinical sites receive current copy of annual Certificate of Liability Insurance.
- Serve as CastleBranch liaison for nursing program. Provide support for faculty, assist students with uploading/purchasing requirements, and provide training as needed for faculty/staff.
- Take and transcribe minutes for the Nursing Program and Advisory Board meetings. Plan menu and coordinate meals Advisory Board meetings and other events as needed.
- Maintain inventory and order office and simulation/laboratory supplies as necessary.
- Assist with data collection for nursing program.
- Assist with the preparation activities for the Nursing Pinning Ceremony.
- Prepare/send annual graduate and employer surveys.
- Duplicate and collate materials as requested by faculty. Get mail from mail room for nursing and medical assisting department.
- Create memos, letters, and other correspondence as needed.
- Answer and process incoming telephone calls; take and deliver messages in an accurate and timely manner.
How to Apply
Transcript MUST be scanned and attached to be considered for this position. An ACC online application MUST be fully completed for consideration and philosophy of teaching and learning as it relates to the community college setting. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application