Part Time Paralegal Instructor
245 College Road
Smithfield, NC 27577
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, April 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate's degree in Paralegal Technology.
Experience Minimum: One (1) year teaching experience and work experience in a law-related field.
Education Preferred: Training and experience equivalent to a Subject Matter Expert, Associate’s Degree, Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, and/or JD.
Experience Preferred: Two (2) to three (3) years of teaching experience in a post-secondary environment, preferably at a community college. National or state-certified paralegal. Specific experience with online instruction and educational technology is preferred.
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to teach substantive and procedural law to paralegal students to prepare them for work in law offices, government, etc. Employees in this classification perform instructional work. The position is responsible for teaching classes and instructing students; preparing lesson plans; preparing tests; grading papers; and counseling and advising students. Performs related work as required.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Teaches classes and instructs students.
- Prepares lesson plans; prepares lectures; writes course overviews and outlines.
- Prepares tests, class projects, and case studies; grade papers; averages grades and prepares grade reports.
- Researches legal materials; keeps up to date on legal matters.
- Prepares attendance reports and administers attendance policy.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and comprehend written material
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: Applicant must have basic computer and key boarding skills. Microsoft office knowledge a plus as this job will require the use of this software.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to communicate effectively. The employee must be able to meet mobility requirements and be able to occasionally move materials of up to 10 pounds. Must be able to access print material and utilize the information effectively.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact