Haywood Community College
185 Freedlander Dr.
Clyde, NC 28721
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, February 15, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Three years phlebotomy work experience. Strong oral and written communication skills. Basic computer skills.
Teaching experience in Phlebotomy field preferred.
****Applications reviewed upon receipt. Position open until filled ****
Phlebotomy instructor to prepare students to have the skills and knowledge to work as a phlebotomist.
- Provides classroom instruction using effective teaching methods.
- Needs to have the ability to organize and present various curriculum concepts to a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
- Needs strong communication skills to deliver course content.
- Responsible for the creation and revision of lesson plans.
- Establishes academic goals and objectives for student success.
- Measures student learning outcomes and progress.
- Must evaluate and report student performances and progress in class in accordance with college and division policy and procedures.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping of student attendance and academic progress.
- Responsible for keeping supervisor aware of any student issues;
- Responsible for keeping supervisor aware of any supply or equipment needs.
- Provides academic counseling as appropriate.
- Any other related duties as assigned.
How to Apply
- Complete official Haywood Community College employment application online found at www.haywood.edu, click on the Jobs tab then select position applying for.
- Application must be complete for consideration- do not reference resume.
- References may not be current HCC employees. Must provide 3 professional references, one must be a current or previous supervisor with email addresses. Application will not be considered complete if emails for professional references are not provided.
- Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts must be received within 10 business days from the date an official offer of employment is made. When submitting official transcripts please have them sent to HCC-HRtranscripts@haywood.edu
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the final candidate to the college president.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus.
HCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.