Closes: Monday, September 30, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School Diploma
- Excellent communication and customer service
- Ability to work variable hours as necessary
- Capable of maintaining positive ongoing communication with clients and staff
- Associate Degree
- Basic computer operational skills
This is a limited-time grant position.
Examples of Duties:
Under the direction of the Halifax Community College Wellness Center Director, the Exercise Coach:
- oversees exercise services in the Wellness Center and the Roanoke Valley Fitness Interactive Trail (FIT) in the absence of the Wellness Center Director;
- maintains facility hours and ensures facility is secured after closing;
- provides exercise support to students and employees;
- ensure participants adherence to all HCC exercise-related policies and procedures;
- observes/intervenes to insure clients' proper exercise and equipment usage;
- provides resource-backed exercise support in concert with fitness interests;
- coordinates various aerobic exercises;
- maintains, compiles, and reports participant usage rates;
- coordinates basketball and football activities for P.R.I.D.E. participants.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
All applications for this position must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.
To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit.
Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.