- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, December 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s Degree or higher. ** Note: Degrees and hours must be from a college accredited by a US Dept of Education accepted accrediting agency such as SACSCOC or Five years or more of related experience.
Experience with chassis set-up and suspension and two years or more of teaching experience.
The Part-time Instructor, Race Car Technology will teach Race Car Fabrication and Set-up Courses
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as designated by the department chairperson and approved by the dean.
• Assume responsibility for maintaining all required College records including attendance and grade reports, roll books, etc.
• Make recommendations to Department Chair for supplies, equipment, and equipment repairs.
• Construct, administer, and grade examinations.
• Assume responsibility for being familiar with and adhering to all policies of the College.
• Treat others respectfully, speak to others courteously and behave in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
• Model an understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee will need to regularly operate and use computers, phones and other electronic equipment
• The employee will frequently communicate and must be able to exchange accurate information with others
• The employee may need to move around their office and/or campus to attend meetings/ classes and to access files, machinery or other job-related tools
• The employee may need to lift and/or move equipment, tools or paperwork up to 30 pounds
• The employee may need to position themselves by reaching, stooping, kneeling or crouching in order to adjust or collect equipment and/or supplies
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus