- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, September 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's degree with demonstrated proficiency in Spanish (spoken and written).
Teaching experience required.
see minimum qualifications
Part-time faculty are professional, credentialed educators with the primary responsibility of providing a quality learning experience for non-credit Rockingham Community College (RCC) students. Faculty are responsible for providing learning experiences on the main campus and off-site. Faculty are responsible for but are not limited to planning, organizing, promoting, and teaching appropriate courses, to include online and hybrid, for RCC. Faculty are expected to perform all instruction-related duties in a timely manner and in accordance with the mission, policies, and procedures of the College, the North Carolina Community College System, and with appropriate accrediting entities where applicable.
Part-time faculty report to the appropriate Department Chair, Program Director or Dean.
Curriculum and Instruction
- Planning and organizing the curriculum as approved by the RCC Board of Trustees, the North Carolina Community College System, and other accrediting entities.
- Identifying and/or developing instructional materials needed to teach the program competencies prescribed in the approved curriculum by Rockingham Community College, the North Carolina Community College System, and other accrediting entities.
- Integrating related supplemental reading that provides additional opportunities for student learning.
- Assisting in the development of program student learning outcomes for all courses in the program major.
- Developing course syllabi that outline clear and appropriate learning outcomes and expectations that reflect program competencies.
- Utilizing the course description set forth in the North Carolina Community College System common course library when developing or assessing learning objectives.
- Developing appropriate assessments of established learning outcomes for all courses taught.
- Reporting student progress in mastering established learning outcomes based on identified and approved assessments.
- Implementing and providing effective instruction that demonstrates appropriate knowledge of his/her specialized field in accordance with best practice literature.
- Teaching an appropriate instructional course load in accordance with policies outlined in the Instructional Procedures Manual.
- Demonstrating the effective use of pedagogical methods to meet various student learning styles.
- Administering appropriate assessment and/or testing to measure student learning outcomes in all courses.
- Maintaining appropriate classroom standards that include the effective management of students in the classroom and the management of classroom and lab facilities.
- Identifying and/or recommending equipment needed to teach the learning outcomes prescribed in the approved curriculum by the RCC Board of Trustees, the North Carolina Community College System, and accrediting entities.
- Maintaining compliance with established North Carolina Community College System performance measures, national benchmarks, etc. for the appropriate curriculum as prescribed by the North Carolina Community College System and accrediting entities.
- Providing timely and accurate reports including 10% reports, grade reports, and other required reports related to instruction.
Performing other duties as assigned by the appropriate Department Chair, Program Director, Dean, Vice President for Academic Affairs and/or the President of Rockingham Community College.