Weldon, North Carolina
Closes: Thursday, July 18, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High school diploma.
- At least five years in data-entry, preferably with an evidence-based program. Experience tracking qualitative and quantitative data, experience building databases to track student/client progression, experience running reports and exporting data.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Works, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Requires the ability to apply motivational interviewing techniques with students to encourage engagement.
- Requires the ability to respond to a diverse set of cultures, ethnic groups' socio-economic groups and their interests.
- Prefer experience with student-centered programs, community, and college resources, preferably in a college setting.
The Student Progression and Retention Specialist is a part-time, grant-funded, entry-level professional data-entry and student services position. On behalf of the faculty, Specialists work with students by tracking the data from their Assessment Technology Institute (ATI) reports encouraging satisfactory academic performance and engagement in the classroom and the clinical setting. Specialist communicates regularly with students to provide support or referral as needed to improve retention rates. This position reports to the Nursing Program Director.
Examples of Duties:
The Student Progression and Retention Specialist will:
- build sufficient databases to track students throughout their nursing journey;
- monitor pre-nursing coursework, assist with admissions and application process, and work with the student throughout their chosen nursing track;
- involve reservation for Simulation remediation experiences, ensuring proper maintenance and utilization of simulation;
- serve as a champion for the Assessment Technology Institute, and follow-up with students weekly;
- fulfill other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application or this will also result in an incomplete application. Official transcripts must be submitted to the Human Resources Director within (15) days upon hiring.
All applications must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.
To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit.
Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.