Closes: Friday, December 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum of 3.0 grade point average in the subject matter you will tutor.
See Minimum Qualifications
Provide individual and small group tutoring to students in the Tutorial and Academic Success Center. Assist students in improving academic achievement by meeting with them on a regular basis to clarify learning strategies and work on study skills. Other assistance might include: reviewing class material, discussing texts, predicting test questions, formulating ideas for papers, or working on solutions to problems. Tutoring is a supplement to classroom teaching.
- Maintain a weekly schedule of available hours for student appointments for content course and/or learning strategies.
- Keep regular and accurate records of tutoring sessions using the TutorTrac software and/or relevant forms.
- Visit classes you are tutoring and make contact with the instructor at least once to obtain any necessary course syllabi or materials.
- Attend tutor-training sessions as required by the Center coordinators and director.
- Attend workshops in order to obtain CRLA certification.
- Assist with additional duties as needed such as covering front desk, answering phones, organizing materials, and performing other duties.
- Preference given to candidates with previous tutoring experience.