Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue, Asheboro NC 27205
Closes: Monday, December 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associates Degree in Business, Accounting or related degree with one year of work experience in payroll
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or related field.
- Five years of work experience in payroll and accounts payable.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The Payroll and Accounts Payable Technician reports to the Director of Financial Services/Controller. The Payroll and Accounts Payable Technician is responsible for processing part time payroll and accounts payable checks.
- Organizes and maintains all records and files for part time employees.
- Audits all part-time non-instructional timesheets and time posted to faculty contracts for accuracy and accurately enters all data into computer system for payroll processing.
- Enters new part time employees into the E-verify system (federal) and NC New Hire system (state).
- Reviews & analyzes all part-time payroll data for accuracy; calculates earnings & enters all part-time payroll data into computer; processes payroll, computes and verifies accuracy.
- Processes & prints part-time payroll checks & all related monthly payroll reports; posts payroll to general ledger and distributes checks according to business office policy.
- Prepares Institutional and County check requests for non-state portion of payroll. Assures checks are properly receipted and transmitted to State Treasurer at least two days prior to issuance of part-time payroll checks.
- Prepares and submits Federal Tax Deposit online for part-time payroll and makes sure that checks are deposited into the institutional bank account in a timely manner (before 2:00 PM on the date of payroll).
- Prepares and submits online the State tax withholdings to the N.C. Department of Revenue for the part-time payroll.
- Maintains working knowledge of federal and state laws related to payroll.
- Controls documentation regarding garnishment deductions and payment activities as they relate to part-time payroll.
- Works jointly with other payroll personnel with quarterly reports and W-2 reporting.
- Handles all payroll correspondence concerning part-time employees and compiles any information concerning employees as needed for various reports.
- Maintains working knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles, FLSA and other Federal and State laws relating to payroll and taxes.
- Executes proper annual auditing procedures for verification of part-time employees.
- Assists with keying prepared journal entries into Colleague system.
- Prepares and processes Accounts Payable checks in a timely manner.
- Maintains the technical competencies necessary to do the job functions.
- Assists the Director of Financial Services/Controller in completing reports and performing other duties as needed.
- Exercises attention to detail to minimize errors.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Serves as support to all other business office positions during registrations if needed.
- Serves as backup cashier during periods of high volume (registration).
- Assists the Director of Financial Services/Controller and the employees in the Business Office to receive cross training in order to learn the responsibilities of each position and the services provided by the Business Office.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205