Closes: Thursday, December 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution in accounting, business, or a related field required.
- One year of accounting and/or payroll experience required.
- Two years of accounting and/or payroll experience preferred.
Open until filled - review of applications will begin 11/5/2020.
Prepare institution’s monthly payroll and maintain related files; process financial reports including, but not limited to, monthly and quarterly reports, fiscal year-end reports, calendar year-end reports, and all benefit reconciliations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate monthly payroll.
- Communicate and coordinate with Human Resources on new hires, retirements, and other payroll changes. Enter all new employees and assign a position and budget code. Update position codes and make payroll coding changes for existing employees as needed.
- Enter all information to process full-time and part-time continuing education payroll.
- Issue manual checks as needed.
- Process encumbrances on a monthly basis.
- Maintain all payroll files and enter all deduction changes and insurance for monthly payroll.
- Monitor monthly, quarterly, and yearly payroll timelines to ensure all deadlines and requirements are met.
- Compile information for Longevity report. Process longevity payments monthly.
- Compile salary and benefit information for internal and external reports.
- Prepare deposits of Federal, State, and FICA taxes. Call in information for FICA taxes and take deposit to the bank by required due date.
- Compile and transmit direct deposits electronically, request check from accounts payable, and take deposit to the bank by required due date.
- Compile information and transmit 401K, 457B, and Roth IRAs to Prudential and mail check by required due date.
- Compile information and transmit Retirement file by required due date.
- Compile information for state withholding and mail check by required due date.
- Manage payroll-related functions of Section 125 Cafeteria Plan.
- Reimburse the accounts payable process for state, county, and special funds monthly.
- Compile information from payroll for quarterly and yearly tax reports, US Labor reports (quarterly), and labor statistics reports (monthly) by required due dates.
- Research Internal Revenue Codes and Fair Labor Standards Act to determine propriety of payroll process. Keep informed on payroll changes and prepare and plan implementation of changes as required.
- Continuously document payroll processing procedures in Dynamic Policy. Maintain and update procedures as needed.
- Work with Technology Services on any payroll processing issues in Colleague to include implementing, updating, and maintaining WebAdvisor/Self Service Portal.
- Issue W-2s at year-end and balance these transactions to the quarterly reports.
- Enter third-party sick pay, pay FICA taxes, and ensure information is on W-2s. Maintain spreadsheet throughout the year.
- Maintain spreadsheet for fiscal year with payroll and retirement amounts that is used for fiscal year financial statements.
- Monitor the payroll bank account for direct deposit and payroll taxes each month to include resolving issues with returned checks and uncashed checks.
- Provide unemployment code information.
- Provide necessary information for yearly audits on payroll.
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism in representing the College including confidentiality in all aspects of the position’s responsibilities and adherence to policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Adhere to professional accountability and accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives and provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact