Closes: Monday, April 22, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field with 2 years of supervisory/leaderships experience or 4 years of general accounting work experience
an Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field with 4 years of supervisory/leaderships experience and 4 years of Payroll experience;
a Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in other fields and completion of 20 hours of college-level coursework in accounting with 3 years of supervisory experience and 3 years of Payroll experience may be considered.
The Payroll Supervisor position will be located on the Central Campus.
The Payroll Department at Central Piedmont Community College (CP) is a department in the Financial Services unit. Payroll handles all payrolls related (include but not limit to processing Part-time & Full-time payrolls, deductions and tax withholding, etc.) for CP. The Payroll Department collaborates with all College divisions, staff and services in support of the Financial Services Unit's initiatives. We are seeking an individual who is self-motivated, able to work independently as well as part of a team to fill the role of Payroll Supervisor. This position oversees the day-to-day payroll operations and related processes, and provides guidance and supervision to payroll staff. Ensures that all processes and procedures are followed and meet required deadlines. Performs a variety of moderately complex and technical payroll and accounting tasks related to preparing reports, analyzing, maintaining, and reviewing payroll activities while assisting management to resolve issues or provide training to payroll staff.
Supervises payroll process and payroll staff to ensure policies and procedures are carried out in accordance with established guidelines. Coordinate activities between Human Resources, Payroll/Budget and Information Technology Departments. Liaison between Financial Services and other departments across campus. Researches and resolves problems in the system and/or with procedures.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Directly supervises the payroll staff, monitors and coordinates performance and oversees daily operation of payroll processes and procedures.
2. Coordinates and directs training and professional development of payroll staff; participates in recommending the appointment of personnel; works with staff to correct deficiencies; implements disciplinary measures and recommends terminations as necessary.
3. Works with the Director to develop department’s work plan and operational procedures, recommend goals and objectives, evaluates department’s operations and activities, recommend improvements and modifications.
4. In conjunction with the Director, administers the monthly payroll processes; ensures that tax reports are filed accurately and timely; reviews current work flows and make adjustments where necessary to continually improve.
5. Interacts with employees to respond to inquiries or resolve issues; serves as informational resource to college personnel; researches problems and recommends solutions, determines, recommends and implements procedural changes for payroll; gathers, analyzes and distributes data as needed.
6. Interpret, apply, and ensure compliance with college policies and procedures, federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to payroll, financial accounting and tax reporting.
7. Works with internal partners, payroll staff and system office on implementation of upgrades to Colleague and new software. Coordinates and directs training on new applications.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
· General knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to payroll, accounting and financial operations
· Strong leadership and supervisory skills
· Advanced computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office applications
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of college information and records
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Well-developed decision making skills and the ability to exercise good judgement
· Strong team building skills
How to Apply
Job Post Contact