Closes: Monday, March 13, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associates degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field of study.
- Two years of work experience in general accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and/or payroll.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field of study.
- Five years of work experience in general accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and/or payroll.
- Payroll experience in a state or federal agency.
- Working knowledge of Ellucian’s Colleague (Datatel).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The Payroll Technician reports to the Director of Financial Services. This position processes part-time payroll through Colleague and ensures accuracy in regards to the related withholdings such as benefits, taxes, and/or any other contributions. Performs time sensitive and complex work including data entry, record-keeping, auditing, and reporting. Assists the Payroll Specialist with preparing yearly and quarterly reports to state and federal agencies.
- Coordinates well with the Payroll Specialist on all payroll matters, and requesting their guidance and training, as needed.
- Accurately processes work-study and part-time payroll.
- Organizes and maintains all records and files for part-time employees.
- Audits all part-time non-instructional timesheets and times posted to faculty contracts for accuracy and accurately enters all data into the computer system for payroll processing.
- Reviews and analyzes all payroll data for accuracy; calculates earnings and enters all payroll data into the computer; processes payroll and verifies for accuracy.
- Processes and prints part-time payroll checks and all related monthly payroll reports; posts payroll to general ledger and distributes checks according to the Business Office policy.
- Prepares Institutional and County check requests for the non-state portion of payroll and ensures that checks are properly receipted and transmitted to the State Treasurer at least two business days prior to the issuance of part-time payroll checks.
- Prepares and submits the Federal Tax Deposit online for part-time payroll and makes sure that the checks are deposited in a timely manner (before 2:00 PM on the date of payroll).
- Prepares and submits the State tax withholdings to the N.C. Department of Revenue for the part-time payroll.
- Controls documentation regarding garnishment deductions and payment activities as they relate to part-time payroll.
- Works jointly with the Payroll Specialist to complete quarterly tax reports and W-2 reporting.
- Handles all payroll correspondence concerning part-time employees and compiles any information concerning part-time employees as needed for various reports.
- Maintains working knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles, FLSA and other Federal and State laws relating to payroll and taxes.
- Executes proper annual auditing procedures for verification of part-time employees.
- Serves as backup to the Payroll Specialist and must complete FT payroll processes as needed.
- Performs background checks on new part-time employees through Castle-Branch.
- Enters new part-time employees into the E-verify system (federal) and NC New Hire system (state).
- Enters all Personnel Action Forms for new part-time positions and/or position modifications.
- Ensures compliance and confidentiality with all policies and procedures of the College, NC Community College System, and applicable State and Federal agencies.
- Assists co-workers in the Business Office by helping to answer the phone, helping to take payments, or just helping answer questions when needed.
- Assists the Accounting Technician with tracking grants, keying journal entries, and/or any other general accounting duties as needed.
- Maintains professional and positive attitude while providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Serves as support to all other Business Office positions when needed.
- Assists the Director of Financial Services in completing reports, EAGLE, and by performing other duties as assigned.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures. Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205