5049 NC Hwy 306 S.
Grantsboro, NC 28529
Closes: Friday, March 29, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
•Two years of Payroll/Accounting
•Two years of human resources experience (part-time or full-time) required.
•Excellent customer service skills at all times.
•High degree of business acumen, integrity and confidentiality.
•Proficiency in managing data within an HR information system (applicant tracking) andwith other related HR software applications, including Microsoft Office products.
•Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Must possess ability toeffectively communicate at all levels within the college.
•Knowledge of or ability to learn federal, state, and local laws and ordinances governingpersonnel and employment practices.
•Ability to function as a team player at all times.
•Excellent clerical, organizational skills and attention to detail are necessary for this position
•Associates degree in business or administrative related field required.
Work Experience: Experience working in the Community College system preferred. Experience workingwithin Colleague/Ellucian preferred.
Education: Bachelor’sdegree in Human Resources/Business Administration preferred. Career ReadinessCertificate preferred.
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Controller, the Payroll/Human Resources Technician performs a variety of diversified duties related to the accurate and timely processing of payroll and personnel administrative matters.
- Administer, process, and maintain sensitive and confidential human resource and payrollrecords, files, and reports in a professional manner.
- Verify, compute and process all payrolls to ensure accuracy and appropriate adherence toestablished deadlines. Reconcile all trial balance discrepancies.
- Compute and transmit retirement data monthly to the State Retirement System using theORBIT system.
- Compute and electronically transmit direct payroll deposits to include preparation ofdeposit notices for the employee and verification with bank. Serve as liaison with bank andemployee if problem arises with direct deposit.
- Prepare and submit all tax reports, to include federal withholding deposits, FICA deposits,state withholding deposits and all monthly and quarterly tax reports, in accordance with allfederal, state and local regulations and guidelines.
- Submit quarterly Employment Security Commission report, NC 5 and Federal 941 tax reports.
- Prepare and reconcile all monthly calendar year-end payroll reports to include W-2 reporting.
- Create and maintain, monthly, both computer generated and manual files on all employees for payroll purposes (to include leave records for all eligible employees, tax withholding forms, direct deposit election forms and employee payroll deductions).
- Keep a list of and complete annual requests for donated leave.
- Assist with preparing various Fiscal Year-End reports to include payroll accruals, compensated absences, fringe benefits, annual longevity, and so on.
- Serve as employee contact for retirement, short term disability and long-term disability requests; a well as assure pay and leave are handled accordingly.
- Manage new hire process including but not limited to:
- Initiate appropriate approvals for part-time positions and contracts.
- Initiate on-boarding process for new employees. Verify completion of all onboarding paperwork required for all employees and obtaining necessary transcripts and certifications for employee personnel files.
- Initiate and process criminal background checks.
- Initiate and process I-9 employment authorizations utilizing e-Verify or appropriate platform.
- Enter new employee demographic data, tax election, direct deposit, benefit election and pay information in database (ELLUCIAN Colleague)
- Report and submit new hire data in compliance with state regulations
- Prepare all full-time employment agreements and part-time letters of employment.
- Maintain position code assignments (terminating and separating only) for employees in ELLUCIAN Colleague system.
- Daily administration of HR and Payroll services, including but not limited to recruitment and selection, promotions, transfers, full-time contract administration preparation, EEO compliance, job classification, performance evaluation, on-boarding, employment verification, providing employees with specific information in regard to their individual payroll records and/or institutional policies and laws and regulations related to payroll issues, and employee relations in accordance with quality management principles and overall objectives of the College.
- Effectively administer health and other optional benefits to all eligible full-time employees. Manage broker resources, benefit renewals, and open enrollment for the medical, dental and vision programs. Assist employees with benefit questions as needed.
- Reconcile benefit deduction invoices with deduction reports on a monthly basis for each benefit offered to employees and serve as liaison if a problem arises.
- Serve as primary contact for workers' compensation claims and unemployment and retirement planning.
- Oversee service award selection process.
- Administer online HR training modules. Assign required courses and maintain completion files.
- Research and write policies and procedures to update those currently in place, as well as for new programs/services implemented.
- Supervise and assist in the preparation of ACA forms for distribution at calendar year-end.
- Review all permanent position vacancy announcements with the supervisor of the position and President prior to announcement to ensure that they correspond with job specifications.
- Maintain staff information and salary records for quarterly and annual reporting to NCCCS.
- Treat others respectfully, speak to others courteously, and behave in a manner that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Answer telephone calls and e-mail inquiries for HR and payroll.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
How to Apply
This procedure must be followed or application may be rejected. Candidates should submit: (1) signed Pamlico Community College application which can be obtained at the college website http://www.pamlicocc.edu/about-employment.php or by calling (252) 249-1851, extension 3005; (2) a photocopy of college transcripts, if applicable; and (3) a resume. The resume is not a substitute for a completed application; the application must include work history. If you have transcripts already on file, please specify. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration, and all requested information must be received by the deadline date. Mail to Susan McRoy, P.O. Box 185 (5049 Highway 306 South for carrier deliveries), Grantsboro, NC 28529, or firstname.lastname@example.org with position title in subject line or fax to 252-249-1622. Employment and selection procedures are outlined in Chapter 6 of PCC’s Policies and Procedures.