Closes: Thursday, March 21, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree in related field (IST, Programming, PC Tech), AND
- Valid NC Driver's License.
- Previous experience with community college
The PC Technician will support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The incumbent will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required. Travel to multiple college sites is required.
- Performs general maintenance tasks, troubleshoots and repairs computer systems and peripheral equipment throughout the organization.
- Includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance for all of the colleges' computers and peripherals.
- Responsible for installation of all software for all faculty, staff, and classrooms.
- Responsible for movement form documentation for all computers & peripherals.
- Responsible for calling Manufacturer tech support for computer & peripheral repair, maintenance or returns.
- Provide assistance for the Helpdesk when needed.
- Communicate with staff and faculty regarding hardware and software issues.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development requirement.
- Follow and support College activities, policies, and procedures.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor.