Location: RCC service area
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, January 26, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
A nationally certified pharmacy technician with at least five years’ experience practicing in a pharmacy. Associate Degree required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Understanding of and commitment to the unique nature and role of the institution, with reference to the mission and the open door policy. The ability to problem solve and work directly with a diverse population of learners. Effective written and public speaking skills are required. Ability to work independently, in a fast-paced environment and be accountable for assignments. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and work effectively with people from all social-economic/education levels and ethnic groups.
General Description of the Position:
The Pharmacy Technician Program Coordinator, under the authority of the Vice President for Instruction and CAO and the supervision of the Dean of Allied Health and Human Services, is responsible for developing, implementing, instructing, coordinating, and evaluating the Pharmacy Tech program, both credit and non-credit, that will result in students achieving academic success.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
- Deliver effective instruction that uses a variety of instructional techniques to assist students in developing Pharmacy Tech skills.
- Assist with program development, improvement, evaluation and recruitment.
- Assist with selection of textbooks, instructional materials, equipment and supplies. Maintain inventory and submit requisitions for ordering of supplies.
- Assist in activities and cultivate relationships with appropriate local industry representatives to ensure program success.
- Maintain complete, accurate, and accessible files and records, daily attendance, and other paperwork and reports as requested and in a timely manner.
- Maintain regulatory compliance.
- Assumes a leadership role in the development of non-credit programming opportunities in WED, including CEU’s as appropriate.
- Routine site visits.
- Coordinate and Facilitate Advisory Committee meetings held twice a year
- Maintain updated syllabi and other course documents that reflect expected student learning outcomes.
- Maintain regular, appropriate, professional communication with students.
- Ensure cleanliness of instructional areas.
- Accept other duties as assigned
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Methods to submit an application:
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor
Submit the RCC Application and unofficial copies of transcripts or high school equivalency. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.