- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, June 20, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education and Experience Required:
- AAS degree in Pharmacy Technology
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience and current knowledge in the areas in which the individual is/will be instructing
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT) by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or Pharmacist License by the North Carolina Board of Pharmacy (NCBOP).
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems.
- Experience providing clinical supervision.
Pharmacy Technology falls under the umbrella of the Health Sciences Department. The program provides qualified students with the technical skills and knowledge needed to practice in a variety of pharmacy settings. In addition, this program will give the student the knowledge base needed to pass the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination offered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board, PTCB. Under the supervision of the Program Head, the Pharmacy Technology Instructor provides quality core content instruction and lab experiences designed to enhance the Pharmacy Technology Program. They have primary responsibility for planning, implementing, and evaluating both lecture and lab experiences for students. Vance-Granville Community College supports a four-county area including Vance, Granville, Franklin, and Warren. Instructors may be asked to teach at other campuses as needed.
The following listing of essential job duties indicates the general nature and level of work required in this job. This is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required in this job. Individuals assigned to this job may be asked to perform other duties as required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Assist in initiating, setting goals, and leading the program including the design of the organizational structure and coordination of all instructional activities within the program.
- Make recommendations to the program Heads/Department Chair and the Academic/Campus Dean concerning the development and expansion of courses and/or the program and the supervision of any expansion.
- Teaches classes as assigned.
- Collaborate with Program Heads and Academic Deans regarding course assignments per semester.
- Create and maintain course documents such as syllabi, objectives, tests, etc. The course syllabi must be submitted for review to the Program Head and Academic Dean each semester.
- Conduct class, lab, and/or clinical according to established meeting patterns.
- Notify the Program Head and Academic Dean of any changes to class, lab, and/or clinical days and/or times.
- Update Moodle course page to use in course before the start of the semester.
- Communicate with students via Moodle as appropriate per course design (enhanced, hybrid or online).
- Provide feedback to students regarding course progression.
- Record attendance and grades via WebAdvisor per semester deadlines.
- Collaborate with the Program Head and Academic Dean to resolve any student issues (academic, attendance, behavior, cheating, plagiarism) and program issues as soon as possible. Report all occurrences in Starfish.
- Assess student learning outcomes and demonstrate the use of the results to make improvements to the course/program.
- Maintain suitable class records which show student membership hours, academic progress, student grading systems, etc.
- Recommend adoption or discontinuance of textbooks and/or other instructional supplies and equipment to the Program Head and Academic
- Includes periods of walking, bending, stooping, and lifting.
- Standing required for extended periods (up to 4 hours)
- Must be able to lift 10 – 20 pounds.
- Work will include extended periods of time viewing a computer screen.
- Includes ease of mobility within the work environment and other college locations.
- Travel between campus locations may be required.
- Effective use of all forms of communication including verbally and in writing
How to Apply
Job Post Contact