Phlebotomy Technician Instructor (Adjunct)
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High school Diploma
- A minimum of 1 year experience as a Phlebotomist
- ASCP /ASPT certified
- Must be able to travel to clinical sites for student placement and clinical experience
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must possess excellent venipuncture skills.
- Detail and completion oriented team player.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint and interest in advancing those skills.
- Associate of Science Degree
- Experience teaching and adult learning supervisory experience.
- Proven ability to prioritize effectively, make both short-term and long-term planning goals, and meet deadlines consistently.
- Above average computer skills to include proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Education in teaching methodologies, curriculum development, and assessment.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Adjunct Phlebotomy Instructor teaches courses for the Center for Workforce Innovation. This could include a variety of courses including, but not limited to: theory, lab skills practice and clinical rotation for the evening classes. The instructor also provides clinical rotation site visitation of students during the day and is the coordinator and facilitator for clinical rotation paperwork.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Embrace the institutional goals of Central Carolina Community College by engaging students as full partners in the learning process, removing barriers for student progression in the nursing program, and supporting and assisting students in achieving their educational goals.
- Teaches Phlebotomy course. Responsible for teaching theory and lab skills.
- Foster an environment within the department that is positive, collaborative, supportive, and nurturing to all faculty and staff.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the changes in the regulations of phlebotomy programs and the North Carolina Community College System as it relates to Continuing Education and modify existing courses when appropriate to keep current with new changes.
- Perform continuous evaluation of course objectives, course syllabi, course competencies, teaching strategies, and assessments in the curriculum to ensure that they are appropriate and relevant.
- Establish and maintain relationships with representatives of the clinical sites in which students are placed and find new clinical sites when necessary.
- Maintain current industry licensure and/or credentials, including earning annual CME/CEUs.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize effectively, make both short-term and long-term planning goals for the program, and meet deadlines consistently.
- Follow department policies regarding completing paperwork, grading, and entering attendance.
- Be responsible for and perform other such duties as may be assigned.
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the Phlebotomy Instructor will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.
Job Post Contact
Central Carolina Community College Human Resources
1105 Kelly Drive, Sanford, NC 27540