- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, December 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Masters Degree or higher with18 graduate hours in Physics
Note: Degrees and hours must be from a college accredited by a US Department of Education accepted accrediting agency such as SACSCOC.
The Part-time Instructor, Physics will teach various levels of physics courses to undergraduate students online or in person.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as designated by the department chairperson and approved by the dean.
• Assume responsibility for maintaining all required College records including attendance and grade reports, roll books, etc.
• Compile bibliographies of specialized materials or outside reading assignments as applicable.
• Make recommendations to Department Chair for supplies, equipment, and equipment repairs.
• Construct, administer, and grade examinations.
• Assume responsibility for being familiar with and adhering to all policies of the College.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee will need to regularly operate and use computers, phones and other electronic equipment.
• The employee will frequently communicate with other employees and students and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
• The employee may need to move around their office and / or campus to attend meetings / classes and to access files, machinery or other job related tools.
• The employee may need to lift and/or move equipment, tools or paperwork up to 25 pounds.
• The employee may need to position themselves by reaching, stooping, kneeling or crouching in order to adjust or collect equipment and/or supplies
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.